Saturday, February 7, 2009

Life Continues to Get Busier...

It's funny how time seems to disappear.  Over the past two weeks, I have seen an open schedule become like a Line 2 subway train during rush hour (maybe I'll write about that later).  I am back to working 2pm -10pm at my school, teaching from 4-10.  However, I just started taking Korean language classes every morning from 10am - 12pm at a Korean language academy.  I really enjoy the classes and am learning quite quickly.  The only bad part is that they are in Gangnam, a part of southern Seoul.  It is a 40 minute subway ride each way with about 20 minutes of walking each way.  It makes my day a little longer. 

I am also going to begin leading a small group bible study in Anyang sponsored by my church.  There is very little in the way of spiritual support in Anyang if you speak English and I am sure that many who are interested in attending a church that don't want to travel all the way to Suwon.  Therefore, I am hoping that, in addition to a few from my church in the area, the group will attract other English speakers in Anyang who are searching for Christian fellowship.  I am planning on starting it in March, probably on Saturday mornings or Sunday nights.

In addition to all of this, I have a few relational "projects" that I am working on.  Although I am not at liberty to discuss details, they involve working with a few different individuals who might be interested in learning more about the gospel or who have a distorted perspective of what it means to be a Christian and need some spiritual mentoring.

I would not give up any of these tasks despite the physical and mental strain because I can see God's hand directing me in them.  However, if you feel lead to do so, I could use some prayer support as these things progress.  First of all, that the hearts of those I am talking to would be softened to hear the truth of the gospel and that I would be open to the leading of the Spirit through these relationships.  Also, I would ask for prayer for patience, humility, wisdom and perseverance with each of the tasks I have before me.  I don't expect an easy road ahead, but I trust in Him who is sovereign over all things to provide the grace each day to continue with joy in His purposes.

I have quoted the following verse so many times over the past 8 months, but as time progresses, I have come to take it more and more to heart as God reveals what He has planned for my life.  To God be the glory, forever and ever!

But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Acts 20:24

1 comment:

Daughter of Eve said...

Hello Josh! After church a few weeks ago I was looking at the bulletin board and saw that you had a blog, so I thought I'd check it out. Glad to hear you're doing well! :D You're River Hills Family is praying for you!

~Rebekah C.~