Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Finally Here...

Well, I arrived late on Monday night (about 11pm).  Right when I arrived, I was greeted by a group of foreign teachers from my school.  They were very welcoming, even bringing me some Korean food to eat.  My apartment is pretty nice.  The whole building is being remodeled and will eventually house all the foreign teachers at my school, YES Youngdo.  One interesting thing is the shower.  There is no stall; just a DSCN0103piece of glass separating the shower faucet from the rest of the bathroom.  There is a gap below the glass and the water runs below the sink where there is a drain.  I just have to be careful to not get too much water towards the toilet.  It is no fun stepping in a puddle of water when you gotta go.  

My first day at school was fun.  I got to know a lot of the teachers, learned about the curriculum at the school and observed two classes.  I didn't feel any jet lag until the second observation at about 8pm.  It was a struggle after that.  Today will pretty much be a repeat of yesterday, just discussing more material and watching different classes.  I'll start teaching on Monday.  I am looking forward to exploring more of the city this week.  My biggest task will be finding a church to attend.  Other than that, everything seems pretty available and easy to access.  My Vonage phone is working now but I am not always online because I don't have my own Internet connection yet (I need my alien residency care first), but I can access some wireless networks in the building.  So, just leave m  e a message and I will call you back when I can (usually 6-10pm CST).  My number is (920) 964-1880.  

DSCN0096        DSCN0094DSCN0099

  Views from my apartment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, nice start of a blog and a very good idea. Keep in mind the sermons are on the web. Don't know if you will have ftp capabilities, but if you do I could ftp you the complete sermon cd in mp3 track format.
Good luck and God's speed.
Window views look great from your apartment.
Later
Bill Kerr

Kiwi da Fruit said...

Hi, Josh.
I saw a notice at church about your blog and thought I'd check it out.
That's a pretty nice view!
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
~Laura Meyers
P.S. My dad was quite surprised and happy when we gave him the Blues Brothers DVD!

Steve Burri said...

Josh,

I'm sure glad you have a blog. It will be excellent keeping up with you this way.

Just make sure that you keep up posting. There will be plenty of things to talk about.

I'm glad things started off so well.

God bless you!

Steve

Steve Burri said...

I know it's a day late for you, but Happy Thanksgiving, Josh.

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh! Hope you've gotten through the jetlag and that all goes great in your first day of teaching on Monday. Treasure your shower format while you can. It beats Mongolia, eh?
P.S. Just watched the Packers get pasted by Carolina. Highly entertaining if ultimately disappointing.
God bless and enjoy the Wheel of Time books in Korean-
Erick