I have been in Korea for a week now and it has definitely had its share of adventure. I have had to get used to traveling by bus, subway and taxi. All are very cheap. I can get across town for about $1.50 in a cab. I began teaching on Monday. I have 5 classes between 5 and 13 in size including ages 9-15. It has been fun and relatively easy. The kids are curious about my beard, my blue eyes and whether or not I have a girlfriend.
Last week, I had to get a medical examination at the hospital for my Alien Residency Card (This allows me to get services like a cell phone, Internet, etc...). I have never had such a crazy experience at a hospital. As soon as I walked in I had a gentleman in a suit taking me to the proper area. He then escorted me to every step along the way, holding my bag and coat whenever I had to write or be examined. Whenever a person was not at their station, like radiology, he would run around and find the guy. After they drew some blood, with a syringe mind you, they gave me a wad of cloth to stop any bleeding just like in the States. However, they didn't give me a bandage, so I had to hold it on myself. We rushed up to dental and they sat me right down in a chair. They took the wad of cloth to throw away and began examining my teeth. It didn't take long for them to realize that I hadn't stopped bleeding from having my blood drawn yet as it was running down my arm. It had only been like 3 minutes and I had been running. It was pretty funny. Everything was so quick and efficient.
Anyway's, I included some pictures I took from the hospital. It is up on a mountain-side and has a tremendous view. Things are going very well and I am becoming more acclimated to life in Korea. Thank you all for your prayers and know that you are all in mine. You can call me at 920-964-1880. My Internet is not up fully yet, but just leave a voicemail and I will get back to you (usually between 6 and 10pm CST).
Pictures from Anyang Hospital
The main street by my apartment and the side road to get to my building
This building is on my walk to work...
No comments:
Post a Comment