Friday, February 27, 2009

Update

It seems hard to believe that it has already been 3 months in Korea.  February went by SO fast that I'm not sure it actually happened.  I guess that is what happens when when 6 days a week are just a blur.  Saturday has become recovery day and I try not to do too much.  However, it looks like I may start getting together with a Korean friend to work on my Korean language skills.  I have learned a lot over the past 4 weeks but it is all a jumbled mess in my head.  It is starting to make more sense but I am still waiting for the big "click" when I begin understanding better.

Teaching is going well.  We are starting a new "semester" on Monday and I will have a few new classes.  I am sad to see some of my students move on to other levels but excited to get to know some new ones.  Fortunately, I get to keep my favorite class.  Here are some photos of my basic level kids and my more advanced kids.

DSCN0412 DSCN0409 DSCN0413

DSCN0395 DSCN0351

4 comments:

Brian/Kathy Kaphaem said...

Hi Josh...
Great pictures and you really write a good story! Loved the account of the black licorice!!We are so encouraged by your dependence on the Lord!
Well done!

Love...Mom and Dad

Brian/Kathy Kaphaem said...

Hi Josh!
Great pictures and you really are a good writer! The story of the licorice and your kids was good! We keep you in our prayers all the time! We are so encouraged by your dependence on the Lord!
Well done!

Love...Mom and Dad

Daughter of Eve said...

Great pictures! I loved the licorice story, too. :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh!
Your students look so happy..... a result of a great teacher! I am glad to hear you have adjusted well and are making your way. I really enjoy reading your stories, thanks for sharing.
Karla K (& David)